Monday, August 8, 2011

Actual Chronicles of Idiocy


First, some business. The Chronicles of IDIOT will be available as a physical book on Amazon very soon, hopefully by the end of the week. We are just tweaking the back cover and need to see another proof.

It seems that if you name a blog “Chronicles of Idiocy”, it might be good to actually chronicle idiocy. I am all sure we have seen some brilliant moves in our lives and if you want to send me a story of idiocy that you think MUST BE TOLD, then e-mail me at chronicles.of.idiot@gmail.com. I will be doing this as an ongoing occasional thing on my blog. Seems only fair.

  1. Texas Gas Attendant With A Lit Cigarette
    Yes, that is correct. About 25 years ago, my family and I were doing our yearly trek to Oklahoma to visit my Grandparents when we stopped in Amarillo for gas. And yes, for whatever reason we got full service for the gas. And for whatever reason, that attendant HAD to have a cigarette. My Dad (who is a smoker) was really pissed. I think he insisted on finishing pumping the gas. Luckily, things did not end like a Michael Bay film.

  1. Driver Antics
    I don't know why we do the stupidest things when driving. Those cars are the most dangerous things we can do day to day (on average) and some people think it is the perfect time to express their idiocy. There is always making calls or texting while driving. But, I experienced something that I found just incredibly stupid. I was on a two lane road one afternoon sandwiched between two choice people. The one behind us was tailgating and on the phone. The one ahead was going 5-10 miles under the speed limit. I guess she did not like the fact that I was behind her, I was not trying to tailgate her, but had a tailgater myself to deal with. So, the lady ahead of me decides to partially pull over, but not stop, and slow down even more. Not, fully pull over and not put on her hazards if there was a problem. Now, if there was no traffic coming from the opposite lane, I would consider going around her. But there was A LOT of traffic coming from the opposite lane and me trying her suggestion would have caused a front end collision. So, I just slow down even more with her and wait till it is safe to pass. This let the tailgater behind me come that much closer to kissing my butt. I have got a suggestion, just try driving the speed limit, ok? If there is a problem, use your hazard lights. That is what they are there for!
    Before I leave this Driver's Antics category, I have to mention the red light runners. We seem to have a special problem with this in Tucson. It seems to be, if one of them gets away with it, why can't everyone else? This is especially egregious in left turn lanes near I-10, the light is red and 2-3 of these people are still turning left like everything is hunky dory! My favorite is when someone turns right in front of you but does not look at you. They purposefully look anywhere else than at the person that might run into them. If they don't see you, it can't be illegal!


  1. Anything out of most politician's mouth.
    Is it me or does a manufactured crisis like the debt ceiling mess make you want to scream? They could have solved that problem, MONTHS AGO, but this makes such great political theater. Now, those lovely congresspeople went on vacation for the summer before solving the FAA funding dispute. This means around 21,000 people were OUT OF A JOB till congress realized that people think they suck for not settling the dispute. I know who should be out of a job, and they don't work for the FAA. Politicians are supposed to compromise, but these new breeds would rather hold our credit rating hostage and screw people out of their jobs than compromise. And then they go of vacation. Well, now Standard & Poors (emphasis on POOR) has downgraded our countries credit to AA+, cause the + makes it so much better! The stock market is in a feeding frenzy and those lovely politicians are on vacation blaming each other. We need compromise, not blame, but I think things will get worse before they get better. OK, I will get off my soapbox, now...
  1. Many things on TV today.
Honestly, I don't think I need to say much except two words: reality television.

No comments:

Post a Comment