Monday, July 2, 2012

Chronicles of Idiocy 6 - The Pathetic Story of John Edwards and Rielle Hunter


I read a rather sad puff piece in People magazine last week. I admit it, my Mom subscribes to People, and I read their puff pieces about celebrities and other feel good crappy stories. Totally easy reading. Is probably melting my brain, like watching Jersey Shore, but more slowly.

This puff piece was Rielle Hunter's excerpt from her explanation of what deep sixed Former Senator (and could have been President in a different universe) Edwards career. It is in her tell-all book called “What Really Happened.” Or as I call it, “What I Think Happened That Will Not Make Me Look Like Too Much Of A Scumbag.”

We are not French. I say this because the French are famous for their mistresses. They think it is OK, but they are even seeming squeamish about Dominique Strauss-Kahn who was the IMF Managing Director and might have been the next French president except for his downfall which started in New York City. He was accused of sexual assault by a hotel worker and was known to be a notorious womanizer. By the way, the newest French President François Hollande is not married but has a partner he has had for over 30 years. That sounds like a marriage to me, but to each their own. I digress, we are not French, and infidelity in the US is still infidelity. We are the country started by puritans and some things are still not OK. Unless you are a part of a break-off Mormon sect and marry multiple wives, then it is still not OK or legal.

Why does it seem that powerful (and often Democratic) men think that is OK to be womanizers? Republican men who stray from their marriage are often seem to with the same sex, but that is a different Chronicle of Idiocy. I think former President Bill Clinton would have a much better reputation and legacy if he could have just kept his pants zipped for eight years.

This leads me to another soap box: Gay marriage is not destroying marriage in this country. Two adults committed to each other for life is a marriage. It is scumbags like Mr. Edwards and Ms. Hunter who blatantly lie like this who are destroying the sanctity of marriage.

This book that Ms. Hunter “wrote” will only appeal to people like her, those who don't care about marriage or commitment and only care about themselves. Shockingly, Ms. Hunter and Mr. Edwards are no longer together. I hope they can find some class and try to raise their daughter in a decent manner. It seems to me that Ms. Hunter now has two options: 1. Move to France, or 2. Tom Cruise is now single! She may even get a five year deal like Katie Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment