Tuesday, November 6, 2012

When It Comes To Talking about Your Vote: DON'T ASK AND DON'T TELL!



Meme care of Pointsincase.com


This is it! The last day, election day. I, for one, am SO HAPPY it is almost over. Unless we have a debacle like 2000. That is what some of the polls are saying. It is 50/50! It's too close to call! Well that may be the case for certain polls, but when you look at polling aggregates the story is rather clear, unless the polls are inaccurate. We shall see, but when it comes to who I believe, it will aways be the statistic geeks over the pundits.

Now that this magical day is upon us, you may get asked: Who did you vote for? And PLEASE, DO VOTE! Well, after voting, I say don't ask and don't tell! I know that military policy was oppressive to gay servicemen and women, but when it comes to a political election: do you want a lecture? Do you want to hear on how you are so wrong and they are so right? Even if their candidate lost? You have made your decision and voted and do not need that aggravation. Heck, yesterday I got a lecture because I said we should just be grateful for democracy. That person would not even see my point and wrote a lecture I did not need about how we don't really live in a democracy...blah blah blah. I know democracy can suck and is controlled by the rich, but it is a whole lot better than living in North Korea. I say these are the type of people to avoid after election day.

If I was the boss, I would ban all political chatter on November 7th for at least a two month cool down period. Maybe by January, we will mostly be talking about holiday gifts and a little about the election. Unless you know someones political leanings and you feel safe to express your feelings without getting “the lecture.” If your boss was the type that said if so-and-so wins, we may have layoffs, you definitely should not talk politics and you may want to look for another job anyway. I'm just saying since that does not sound like the best place to work. The layoffs may have been coming any which way.

Polling is a different story. If you want to participate in a poll, please do so! Pollsters should not be lecturing you on your vote and this is a way to have an idea of who is going to win. I am just talking about avoiding that annoying person at work, etc.


Lastly, it seems that Arizona may be a swing state soon, so I am feeling nauseous again... It would be great to actually have a real say in who would be president. But not at the price of the tsunami of political ads that would be saturating our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment