Monday, October 22, 2012

If You Are Registered - JUST VOTE!


Thanks memethevote and Tumbler for the pic!

My hubby and I turned in our ballots last week! In Arizona, we have this wonderful mail-in voting system. You can still wait in line and vote on election day, but I certainly prefer making my mind up at home and mailing that sucker in!

This is my hubbies first presidential election since he has been a baby US citizen. He was so excited to vote that he got started within a few days of getting the ballot. Me, being mildly competitive, got started a few days after he did and finished my ballot that same day. Here are some web resources we used to help make our decisions.

Get the facts:  factcheck.org

If you don’t like reading then look at the truth-o-meter at: Politifact.com

If you accidentally threw out the ballot measures pamphlet there is this resource:  Ballotpedia

And since they NEVER send you anything for Judges (but you are still supposed to judge them) here is: Judgepedia

or for AZ Judges (with bios, opinion surveys from attorneys, etc.)

You can also google your county registrar to get information for your local elections. Also, your local paper should have bios on most candidates of local elections, such as school boards, etc.

I am glad we mailed our ballots in, since we have gotten semi-official information that our polling place has changed. I am not sure if it is legitimate or is some sort-of shady ruse. Sorry, don't need to wait in line in the possibly wrong place, my vote is already in!

Another thing – I avoid and ignore all TV and mail propaganda. Video streaming and Netflix allow us to live a fairly commercial free lifestyle that I have grown accustomed to. With the mail crap, I just recycle them with a tiny bit of a glance.

Try to make an informed decision on the facts, not the propaganda! Have your voice heard (especially if you are in a swing state) and good luck!

By the way, BIG ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK! It will be a two-for-one blogs, but not till next Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Folks:

    You can also check the status of your early ballot in Pima County AZ at:

    http://www.recorder.pima.gov/public/ballot_info.aspx

    Erin (again :)

    ReplyDelete