Monday, January 30, 2012

The Chronicles of Idiocy 3.2 – Barnes and Noble Posted the Review! VICTORY!


Yes, it is true. Actually, it happened a few weeks ago but I had other posts to write. You really have to get that Versatile Blogger Award out or you forget and then when you get another one you have to do a double – yep, I am talking about Frank Balara – he he!

So to catch you up, my wonderful friend Kathy posted a 5-star review of the “The Chronicles of IDIOT” for the Barnes and Noble website, but it was in naughty review server jail because it used the word idiot. It seems Barnes and Noble take the Noble in their name seriously and won't post anything potentially offensive - even if it is in the name of the book! I contacted BN.com and have been working on getting the review posted. I traded e-mails with my new friend at Barnes and Noble, Mike, and then waited to see if anything would change. And a few weeks later (quite slow for the speed of the internet) it appeared magically; as many things do on the internet, like Wikileaks or Megaupload.com.

It is funny, cause a week later I told Kathy that her review was finally posted and she said “I thought it already was posted, oh well.” Well, it depends upon your view of the internet because her review was out there in the Barnes and Noble servers, but their Ned Flanders software kept it from reaching it's full potential till just recently.

I do not want to have to do this for every review at Barnes and Noble. Not that I think there are a hundred waiting in their servers to be unleashed. So I decided to post a review (of sorts) of my own. And while I gave my book five stars (I gotta take what I can get, even if it is from myself) the review is actually a warning to anyone who wants to post a review on that website. Now it is up to Barnes and Noble to post it. Will the Ned Flanders software keep it from warning my readers to not write IDIOT in their reviews, or see their posts go to the naughty review server jail? Well, as of today, my warning is in the naughty review server jail. I e-mailed Mike last week but have yet to hear from him. Looks like I have to continue to fight the good fight.

Here is the link to the one and only review:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/the-chronicles-of-idiot?keyword=the+chronicles+of+idiot&store=allproducts

No comments:

Post a Comment